Go Back   Frag Outpost Forums - Coral Propagation and Reef Aquarium Forums > FragOutpost Forums > Coral Propagation

Old 01-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
remhd38

remhd38 is on a distinguished road
Default mushroom explosion

hello! what a great hobby reefkeeping is. although i do have too much of a good thing. mushroom corals have really gotten out of hand in my 90 gal. is there a tool that can remove a mushroom completely from live rock, i don`t want to part with some nice mature live rock. am prop. some shrooms but there are just too many. thanks
remhd38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
George771177

George771177 is on a distinguished road
Default Mushroom elimination

First off i would like to say that if you have to many shrooms and are just looking to get rid of them from your tank i would be more than happy to take them off of your hands (pay shippping ect.). To get rid of them permanently all you have to do is first cut the shroom away from the stalk with a pair of scissors. Once the head has been removes get a razer plade and scrape the rest of the foot off of the rock. Chances are that it will not grow after that. More than likely it will float under a rock or get lost in a shaded area of your tank were it will not get sufficient light and die off. I am a student at Ball State University in Muncie Indiana and trying to set up a mushroom tank your contribution to my tank would be highly appreciated. Let me know waht you think and i will set you up with my e-mail if you are interested. Good luck with thinning out your reef.
George771177 is offline   Reply With Quote