Go Back   Frag Outpost Forums - Coral Propagation and Reef Aquarium Forums > FragOutpost Forums > Coral Propagation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
JeffDubya

JeffDubya is on a distinguished road

I have 2 standard 29 gallon tanks. The prop tank has acrylic wedges glued on the interior glass at 6 and 10 inches, making bases for egg crate shelves. Under those shelves I placed some live rock and a large powerhead for filtration and water movement.

It is lit by a 14K MH pendant 12 hours on, 12 hours off. The fuge is lit opposite with one of those full spectrum flourescents you can purchase at Home Depot. Inexpensive, effective. Wish I had one of those little coralife fixtures but we just had a baby and damn we're broke.

The sump underneath is also a standard 29 gallon tank. In section 1, I have my heater, and a coralife needle wheel skimmer. That is followed by three bubble trap baffles, and moves into my return zone. Honestly, I wish I had made this area smaller, but it is what it is. Then, I have a refugium that is approximately 1/3 of the tank with a deep sand bed, a chunk or two of live rock and then a ton of cheato. Right now there are two residents, a nassarius snail I got with a cup of live sand from my LFS to seed mine, and a mystery crab I am still trying to ID.

I'll take some photos and post them.
JeffDubya is offline   Reply With Quote