View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
foxface

foxface is on a distinguished road
Default Ritteri Anemone Behavior

I've been out of the picture for a few weeks but I've been busy learning and upgrading ( I updated my sig with the info) but now I'm back with a question or two.
I tried to do research on this subject but I find the info is a bit vague.
My daughter has since set up her own tank with my help and everything is going well but she went to the LFS on her own about 4 days ago and was convinced by the clerk that she should have one of the 3 Ritteri anemones he had just recieved for her 2 maroon clowns.
She brought him home and put him in her tank and within 2 days he was looking terrible, kind of flat with his mouth gaping open. We did a bit of research and learned of the lighting requirements which she doesn't have and foot injuries. I checked the foot and all that is visible looks good. Anyways we made a trade even though I never would have added an anemone to my tank and under my MH his color is still good (Nice reddish purple foot and light green tentacles with yellowish tips) and his mouth has closed up. She was feeding him a piece of shrimp everyday about the size and thickness of 3 pennies.
Anyways all I really want to know is:
1) What does it mean when it closes up like a ball and re-opens a while later?
2) Is it normal for the tentacles to deflate and inflate throughout the day?
3) Should I remove the browish poo from the tank or will the skimmer take care of it?
Basically I need a site that give in depth info on behavior if I'm going to help him survive.
By the way my 2 Perculas are not interested in him at all P
Louise
  • 48" Coralife lunarLights
  • Wavemaker powerbar
foxface is offline   Reply With Quote