View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
avbryce1

avbryce1 is on a distinguished road
Default Live sand to Bare Bottom

whoa... Its been a while. But its good to be back.
I still have my 10 gallon tank and I'm still working on setting up my 100 gallon. I had the 100 gal. up and running this summer and it had a leak I just got the leak fixed and sand back in the tank some time in the next couple of weeks I will be filling it up and starting the cycle.
My plan is this. I am going to be slowly moving all of the contents of my 10 gal into my 100 gal. The first thing I will be moving into my 100 gal is all of the sand from my 10 gal to help seed the new sand. I will empty all of the water and livestock from my 10 gal. into a rubbermaid container. After all of my water, liverock, etc. is out of the 10 gal I will scoop all of my sand into my 100 gal. and re-stock my 10 gal. with all the same water, liverock, corals, fish, etc.

Question: do you think going from livesand to barebottom will harm my livestock?

After the cycle finishes and the 100 gal. tank matures some I will start to move the contents of my 10 gal over to the 100 gal. Once the 10 gal is empty it will become a small frag tank.

I am not getting out of nano's I just want one of those 24g nanocubes
plus I want to see what the corals that are currently in my 10g. will do under MH lights
avbryce1 is offline   Reply With Quote