View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
EvilTwin
One lucky reefkeeper

EvilTwin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EvilTwin
Default Something freaky driving me crazy...

All right, I think I'm either losing my mind or something is seriously up with my tank. Every night at about the same time (10-11pm) while I sit and watch TV, I start hearing this scratching sound coming from my tank. It sounds like this grinding/scratching kinda noise. Whenever I look in the tank with a flashlight, I see nothing. I have always suspected some hidden critter in my tank since day one. When I first set up the 60g hex I would, almost daily, see long strips of what looked like fecal material collecting in a corner of the tank. After moving to the new tank, I found one again. Now I'm hearing all this scratching. Can anyone give me a clue as to what they think it might be? Here's some pictures of the pooh from the first tank:

Tidepool SOS overflow
Seaclone 150 skimmer
90 lbs live rock
80+ lbs of sand and aragonite
MAG3 return pump and 2 PH's

Critters: 2 ocellaris clowns, bicolor pseudochromis, 2 yellowtail damsels, yellow tang, peppermint shrimp, a single green polyp zoanthid, Blushing Finger Leather, TWO Green Bubble Tip Anemones, Xenia (withering), Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, mushrooms, Kenya tree
EvilTwin is offline   Reply With Quote