View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM   #6
Jackfish

Jackfish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jackfish
Default DIY Moon light's

Thanks for the Welcome,

And thanks for the great trading site!! And the great info.

I couldnt help myself and i went out and got the tube light at auto zone.
its 9 inches in length and fits right in the hood on a mini plastic bow front from all-mart. and it has 2 ends on it with flat areas, so I just used a drop of CA glue to hold it in.

Im setting up another nano, It will be slaved off of my 90 gallon reef and dump into the sump, I am feeding it with airline tubing, multi's so I get water movment thats adjustable. for surface skimming ive epoxied a 1/2 pvc grey plastic threaded hose barb into a hole drilled into the rear top left of the nano, what i end up with on the inside is a 1/2 threaded fitting that a 90 deg can be put on with a small nipple slip fit into it, that way I can adjust water level to get it up near the rim where it will look right, also I get surface skimming. Be carefull of getting epoxy on the threads, what i did was drill the hole, dry fit it and then applied epoxy to the base of the threads and threaded it into the hole so it would spin the epoxy to a pretty neet finish.

Next after the epoxy sets I will add a hose to the back and start setting up the nano with sand rocks, and fill it up!

Now I will have another nano to fill with frags. also I have to look into the main lighting and see if i can just replace the bulb with something better or do a retro-fit.

Im looking for frags also!!!! but you knew that already thats why we are here right?

Jack
Attached Images

Jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote