View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
icereefer

icereefer is on a distinguished road

once I make my cuts the cutted edges are kind of rough, so what I do is use a method some call it heat or torch polishing the cut edges.
it takes a little practice so try it first on some scrap pieces, but once you learn how to do it, it works really well for polishing cut ends. I use just a regular propane torch you can get at any hardware store.
you just use low flame and don't work it to long in one area or you will warp you piece your working on.

I thought I would throw this shot in to show you how I glued the areas were it's hard to get into.
first off I took a syringe and started on the top of the area I wanted to joint glue, I simply let the solvent (Weld-on #13) run down the side of the seam till it pooled down at the bottom then I tilted the sump so the solvet would fallow the seam on the bottom of the sump, one thing nice about using solvent is you have time to move it around and get every un-sealed crack sealed with solvent before it sets up. with (weld-on #14) this solvent gives you even more time before it sets.

Okey well I got my pump in yesterday so now I'm starting on my skimmer area of my sump. I had to modify the top a bit to get the skimmer to fit.
First off I'll show you a shot of the router bits that come in handy for cutting the grooves in your over flow gates.

ok this is a shot after I cut the top so my skimmer would fit in my sump.
icereefer is offline   Reply With Quote