View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
rembranty

rembranty is on a distinguished road

Will your orange capricornis become extremely bright? I know a guy who has a tank and they are amazing. The colors are unbelieveable and flourescent. My montipora capricornis that I bought online was a diver's den pick and it was amazing on the site but had lost it by the time I received it. Now the color is coming back after shifting around a bit between some darker oranges and reds. Now it is finally becoming BRIGHT PINK like it was online. It is just amazing how bright. Just before it began to turn it seemed to get more of a light brown look, loosing all of the orange-red look. It is up so high that pics are difficult to make because of the metal halide. I'll try to get up a pic tomarrow if I move it down. It is very healthy without the brightest spot in the tank, but just began to change when I put it right up top. I really need to get the 250HQI's. I can definetely tell a difference after having this coral under metal halides in my tank for quite some time, once the light was lowered, it is a totaly different color. My light is LOW now though. I think I measured 2.5 inches off water. But I only have 1 light so my tank doesn't heat up. It is a 125 gallon with a 150 HQI pendant.
rembranty is offline   Reply With Quote