Thread: Prodibio
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #25
FragOutpost
Administrator

FragOutpost is on a distinguished road

Some corals have improved in color over the past 5 weeks and almost all have increased in growth. It is difficult to tell how much is a direct result of the prodibio though. My macro has definitely shown signs of declining. Since starting the prodibio I have also started siphoning a few cups of sand off of the top layer of my sandbed. Over the next few months I plan to slowly take it down to about an inch and then build it back up with fresh sand. After five years there has been a lot of buildup. When I started the prodibio I started doing 5 gallon water changes 4-5 times a week, so almost every day. I have changed my routine and started changing 30 gallons per week instead which I think is much better in terms of water parameter stability.

So to sum it up and answer your question, Yes I think the prodibio is working but it is difficult to get a direct measurment of the results. Prodibio is not a fix all solution to my nutrient problems but I think it is one prong in a multi pronged attack to reduce my nutrient levels.

FragOutpost is offline   Reply With Quote