View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
EvilTwin
One lucky reefkeeper

EvilTwin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EvilTwin

That is some seriously funny crap! Don't get me wrong, I understand how bad all that is for this hobby, but I just have to laugh at how stupid retailers can be sometimes. Many years ago, I used to work in retail and the level of disinformation was never as bad then as it is now. My wife often asks me why I don't go up to the people working in places like Best Buy. It's because I usually know more about the products they are selling than they do. Mostly because I spend a lot of time researching my purchases BEFORE I buy.

It needs to be the same with this hobby. People still think setting up one fish tank is the same as the next. Buy a tank, add water, drop in fish, instant aquarium. Now, I've done my own stupid things in this hobby, but at least I read a few books before I went out and spent a crapload of money on something I had no clue about.

As for the LFS going out of business...survival of the fittest. I'll actually be flying in to Denver next week for business in Boulder. At least it's one less LFS I'll have to take a peek at while I'm out there.
Tidepool SOS overflow
Seaclone 150 skimmer
90 lbs live rock
80+ lbs of sand and aragonite
MAG3 return pump and 2 PH's

Critters: 2 ocellaris clowns, bicolor pseudochromis, 2 yellowtail damsels, yellow tang, peppermint shrimp, a single green polyp zoanthid, Blushing Finger Leather, TWO Green Bubble Tip Anemones, Xenia (withering), Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, mushrooms, Kenya tree
EvilTwin is offline   Reply With Quote