Thread: DIY Fuge Setup
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Symbiosis
Tank Watcher

Symbiosis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Symbiosis Send a message via MSN to Symbiosis

Well, the powerfilter idea didn't work. I think it could have, but I drilled to high up. Anyway, for now it's on a straight siphon and the water level is steady. I lowered the level in the tank just incase tonight it decides to slowly rise. I really wish I could find a used over flow! Unfortunately i've only seen one store in Boise that carries them.

My tank is pretty cloudy right now from all the moving stuff around, but it should clear up in a few hours. On another note, my gramma that had been acting strangely was dead when I got home today. Still not sure what was wrong with him. Checked the parameters and everything was still great, so it must have been something else. Shame, I really liked that fish.

Got my chaet. today so I put it in after everything was running. Thanks to Joseph for that as well as another algae I can't identify. Excellent package job btw. Only question is, shouldn't the chaet float, or does it have be giving off oxygen to do this? I put the light on it as soon as I got it in the water, but will eventually go to a reverse cycle.