View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
itZme

itZme is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello everyone... nice place you have here

Hi,
I am new to saltwater aquariums. I currently have 7 fresh water tanks running and recently we acquired a 140 gal that will be our first attempt at SW. I am in the research stage right now but getting excited about getting this thing filled soon. I am resealing the tank myself and have about half of the old silicone removed so far. It is a slow going process since I am trying to do this perfectly. I will also be building a stand, a canopy, 20 gal refugium and lighting for this tank. I will have 3x 250 watt MH bulbs to start with. I have been looking on Ebay for live rock/sand and I was surprised to see that I would have to spend $300 to get my tank going unless I find someone nearby that can sell me some without overcharging for shipping like the Ebayers. If any of you are in the position to sell any sand I would really appreciate it and it would make my wife and me so happy to get started.
I won't be ready for about 2 more weeks but then I will be in the market for a clean up crew, sand, rock, some macro algae for the refugium and other assorted stuff. I have only one LPS around here (N.E. Ohio) with any SW fish and they are pretty poorly stocked so I may be ordering online and have to pay the $45 shipping for the cleanup crew.
Hope I don't bother you guys by asking too many questions. I try to read alot and find my own answers first but sometimes I just need a voice of experience to set my mind at ease.
Well, sorry for the long post. Talk to you all later.

-- itZme
itZme is offline   Reply With Quote