Thread: New 75 Reef
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #13
Symbiosis
Tank Watcher

Symbiosis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Symbiosis Send a message via MSN to Symbiosis

Went to pick up my tank today with the 2" bulkhead installed. Got it all the way home and was looking at it when it was on the stand and decided that a scratch on the back paint was really a crack in the glass. So I got out my flashlight and had a look. Sure enough, on either side of the bulkhead, 2 opaque lines were running opposite each other. So what did I do? Filled it up and said to hell with it all! Jk. Called the guy.... and he had me bring it back in. Normally they don't guarantee drilling, but since he hadn't told me that or put it on my invoice, he said he would either replace the glass panel, or order a new tank and re-drill it. For review purposes, I've made 6 trips to this store in the process of having TFH (tank from hell) drilled. It's a 30-40 minute round trip each time. This equates to about 3-4 hours in drive time alone this tank has cost me, not to mention the 3 times I've loaded, and unloaded it into a Jetta, which is no fun btw. Hopefully I will have my repaired/new tank in about a week. But then the next weekend I go on vacation so I won't be able to buy anything for it or tinker. Oh well.