Thread: New 75 Reef
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
Symbiosis
Tank Watcher

Symbiosis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Symbiosis Send a message via MSN to Symbiosis

I'll hopefully have some pictures to post by the end of today. My goals for this system are to keep mostly sps and a few softies, with the softies being in the low section of the tank. Im shooting for about 1" fine sand bed with approx. 60lbs LR and 20-30lbs base rock. As far as fish, I think i've narrowed it down to a group of Ptereleotris zebra, a Zebrasoma flavescens, a group of Chromis veridis, a Ocellaris clown, and a Synchiropus splendidus after about 6 months to a year. Clean up crew will include a zebra brittle star, trochus snails, scarlet hermit crabs, and two cleaner shrimp.
Some coral's ive had in mind were froqspawn, assorted mushrooms, pineapple brain, and then after the tank matures, some assorted Acro's. I will probably sell the brain coral before I get any acropora as I know brains are need large territories and I doubt I will want to give that much room to one specimen. But who knows!

As far as equipment goes heres what I plan on running for at least the first 6 months:

75 gallon tank with custom overflow
rubbermaid sump/fuge
Aqua C urchin/pro skimmer
1100gph pump (haven't decided on make/model)
300 watt titanium heater (not sure about this, wanna try it, but cautiously)
Return manifold as decribed on WWM for return
46.5" 110watt VHO's x 4 (3 10ks, 1 Actinic)
Custom hood with exhaust
Custom stand

Fuge will have DSB, live rock rubble and Cheato and possibly tang heaven lit by a screw in flourescent. Will also be running carbon in the sump for clarity.

Well thats all I can think of for now. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.