View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 07:23 AM   #11
FragOutpost
Administrator

FragOutpost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterock
Tell me more about your tank that you are using this on. What size, how much water flow, lighting, and what all types of corals do you plan on doining this with.

I have tried that a few years ago on buddys setup it works good as long as you remember to suspend the coral by a section that you plan on fragging off and to not put any true swimer fish in. always knocked the frags down. i would like to see a full tank shot if i can of your system.....
I am attempting the suspension propagation on my main tank which is 75 gallons. Flow consists of a tunze stream, maxijet powerhead, and a rio 2500 for the return (yes I know rio sucks and plan on upgrading pumps in the future). Lighting consists of 2x175 10K XM, 2x110 actinic vho, and 1 t5 actinic nova. I am just doing this for testing purposes to see if the growth rates can be increased. The fish in the system include a bicolor blenny, purple tang, flame angel, dusky jawfish, and a Diana's hogfish. None of the fish seem to even notice the frag in suspension.

I plan on trying this with various acros, a purple digitata, and a birdsnest frag. I suspect that the birdsnest frag will benefit the most from this method. I will try to get a full tank shot later today when the lights come on.

FragOutpost is offline   Reply With Quote