View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
FragOutpost
Administrator

FragOutpost is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Excellent thread! It looks like you've done some homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12monkey
Well most of us know how out animals behave in the tank. Maybe they have a favorite spot to hang out at. USE this to your advantage. More than likely when you go take pictures of you subject they'll be more willing if they are hanging out where they like. If you scare your subject off relax they'll come around when they feel comfortable with the change in the scenery, i.e. you with the camera. PATIENCE is key here.

Many times I have found myself perched in front of the tank with camera in hand waiting for a fish to stop paying attention to me and resume normal activity. I have noticed that my fish are much more startled when I have a camera in front of my face. Everytime my jawfish sees the camera he hides in his burrow making it very difficult to get a decent pic.

Another tip is to turn the flash off. Using a flash will drown out the aquarium lighting. Use your aquarium lighting to your advantage. Using a flash could also cause the photo to pick up reflections from the flash off of the aquarium glass.

FragOutpost is offline   Reply With Quote