View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
softfreak

softfreak is on a distinguished road
Default Internship Project

Hello. Im new to this forum. Hoping for some positive input and contructive critisism. Im Working for my AS in aquaculture and one course is an entry leve Internship/ on the job training. I luckly have the freedom to choose my own project. Im looking into coral prop. Mainly soft corals such as mushrooms. What would be the best set up? I was thinking of a 20g Long or 15g Long with live sand live rock. Ive looked at a few post so i get the idea that netting or mesh would be the best to hold the coral down.

Do i have to cut the mushroom head in half or just the stalk? Will the stalk that ive cut the head from grow a new head? Do i need to cut the mouth in half as well? I was planning to use power compacts along with coral Vite supplements. Anything else i need besides sissors? are there any mushrooms that do better with this? Any input would be helpful. Would haveing fish in the tank help? Should i wrap the newly cut coral and rock/shell in the net or can i put it in a tupperware container (will they bob/float around?) Thanks!$
softfreak is offline   Reply With Quote