View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #14
FragOutpost
Administrator

FragOutpost is on a distinguished road

Great. Glad to hear that adding more flow seems to have helped. You could probably drop in another powerhead or two with no problems. The blushing leather branches should continue to spread out.

Quote:
I'm curious, does my Blushing Leather count as something orange for the next contest?
I'd say that it is more pink than orange, maybe you could get a shot of your clowns. But enter whatever photo you want.

Quote:
Also, I was considering adding a serpent star to my tank. I see they are reef safe but I think I need to get the additional rock first, since I will need some more spaces for it to hide in. I also wanted to get a cleaner shrimp, but I already have a peppermint. Will they get along?
I think a serpent star would be a great scavenger for your tank. You currently have plenty of rock for a serpent star. Once they get settled in they usually won't move around too much, especially if you always feed it in the same spot. Peppermint shrimp are usually kept in small groups. You shouldn't have any problems adding a cleaner shrimp to your tank. From what I understand, shrimp are usually only cannibalistic when larger groups are place in an area too small. But in a 75 gallon you have plenty of space for a few shrimp.

FragOutpost is offline   Reply With Quote