View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
EvilTwin
One lucky reefkeeper

EvilTwin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EvilTwin

Yes the leather appears to be doing nicely, but then again, what do I know. This is all new to me.

When I looked at it this morning, the polyps were all out and it appears that the branches are now much more spread out. If you look at the first picture of it above and the latest, there is a noticable difference in spreading of the branches. When I bought it, it was very compact. Heeding your advice that it should have a good amount of water flow, I swapped out one of my two powerheads. I had a Penguin 1140 which I was using to mix my saltwater with. It has a 300gph rating so I put that in place of the other Penguin 550 that was there. I had feared too much flow in the hex tank thinking that with the shape it would have turned it into a big swirling underwater tornado. Once I changed the powerhead, I started to see an immediate difference in the coral and my BTA appears to be much happier as well.

I'm curious, does my Blushing Leather count as something orange for the next contest?

Also, I was considering adding a serpent star to my tank. I see they are reef safe but I think I need to get the additional rock first, since I will need some more spaces for it to hide in. I also wanted to get a cleaner shrimp, but I already have a peppermint. Will they get along?
Tidepool SOS overflow
Seaclone 150 skimmer
90 lbs live rock
80+ lbs of sand and aragonite
MAG3 return pump and 2 PH's

Critters: 2 ocellaris clowns, bicolor pseudochromis, 2 yellowtail damsels, yellow tang, peppermint shrimp, a single green polyp zoanthid, Blushing Finger Leather, TWO Green Bubble Tip Anemones, Xenia (withering), Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, mushrooms, Kenya tree
EvilTwin is offline   Reply With Quote