Thread: Welcome samn691
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #7
Teeka01

Teeka01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teeka01

You would need more light. If you are using both lights on the 29 gallon, that makes just over 1 watt per gallon which is very low light That very well indeed might be part of the problem.

I can't tell you about lemon juice as I never used it in my tanks. I have my peppermint shrimp.

About that mystry critter you have. Do you hear a clicking? Does it have a bunch of legs? If it came in on your rock it may very well be a mantis shrimp. They can become very long. If it is one don't grab it. They can give a very nasty sting. Get a flashlight with blue or red lense to look in the tank at night. You won't startle everything that way. I got moon lights for night time.

A refugium is a place for you pods and micro algae to grow. Some people, like me, have their refugium in their sump. A sump is where you can hide you protein skimmer and other equipment so that it is not on your tank. A protein skimmer helps to take the waste out of your water. Micro algae helps to lower your nitrates.