View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #5
itZme

itZme is on a distinguished road

I have done almost everything in the construction trade, (carpentry, concrete, plumbing, septic tanks, run backhoes) also washed dishes, bus tables, waited tables, delivered appliances for about 6 yrs, hydraulics technician, stereo installer, auto parts sales counter, steel worker, fabricator/certified welder, built custom hydraulic lift trucks for about 6 yrs, Graphic Artist at a local newspaper, build/sell/repair computers and now...... drumroll please... I am a STAY-AT-HOME dad. I worked 70-80hrs a week for the last couple years to get my wife through nursing school and she graduated and then said "Why don't you take some time off and stay home with our kids until our little one starts school in Aug. 2006?"

It is really different to know what the kids are doing in school and see the teachers all the time. I make dinner about 6 days a week. Pack lunches for our 2 older kids and my wife, do laundry and clean the house. Then I get to spend time with my 4 yr old. It is great to have a relationship with my family other than coming home from work tired and dirty and falling asleep right after dinner on the couch. The kids hardly saw me when I was working so much.

I am pretty much a jack-of-all-trades too but now I only get paid with smiles and thanks.

-- itZme
itZme is offline   Reply With Quote