Old 03-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
EvilTwin
One lucky reefkeeper

EvilTwin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EvilTwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12monkey
Nice find....
Do you think? I honestly don't know. Before I tell you how much I paid, tell me how much you would expect to pay at a LFS. This LFS is about 20 minutes from me and they always have nice coral tanks. One of them is more of a sales tank, which is where the Xenia was. The other is set up more like a display tank but everything in it is for sale. Their prices are a bit higher than another LFS, and definitely more than The Hidden Reef was (they burned down in December).

The Nice LFS: http://finsfeatherspawsclaws.com/

The Hidden Reef: http://thehiddenreef.com/

Check out the link to Hidden Reef and you will see some pics of the destroyed fish room. It really was a tragedy and although I had only been there a few times I really liked the place. The freshwater side of the room had a huge koi pond that my son (he's 3) couldn't stay away from. I think he liked it when the fish kept coming over to him (looking for food, of course). They are apparently running into zoning problems while trying to rebuild/reopen.

On another note, my 45 (supposedly) lbs. of live rock from LiveAquaria.com showed up today. I have to say I was not completely satisfied with what showed up, but then again the only other time I bout LR was when I got started, and that came from The Hidden Reef and was nicely cured already. So, it turns out I got three large pieces of rock, 8 lbs, 12.5 lbs and 19.5 lbs. That is 40 lbs, and left 5 lbs for the box and rubble. Not a lot of rubble, tho. When the Fedex guy was bringing the box to my door it was sagging, so I knew something was wrong. Turns out the bottom of the styro box separated from the sides, so the whole styro box lifted right out of the cardboard, leaving the rock in a plastic bag on top of the styro bottom. Gotta love that. There was one sheet of wet newspaper on top.

The rock didn't have as mich coraline coverage as I woulod have expected. This is supposed to be premium rock, remember. And it was already stinking up the place. I has 15 gals of saltwater ready to go so I used some to clean debris off the rocks and they went into another styro box I had along with water, pumps and a heater to cure. I wish I had an extra skimmer.

One of the rocks had what looked to be a small pink hard coral frag. I doubt it's still alive. Here's some pics. Let me know what you think.

EvilTwin is offline   Reply With Quote