View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #6
EvilTwin
One lucky reefkeeper

EvilTwin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EvilTwin

For calcium dosing, here's what I was reading and decided on trying. I figure if this works for the folks at GARF.ORG, it's got to be pretty good:

http://garf.org/milli/125.html

I spent a lot of time reading about their bullet-proof reef tanks and how to set them up. They recommend 55g tanks for their setups but I wanted to get more depth (width) to the tank so I went with 75. Their dosing calls for the use of Seachem Reef Advantage Calcium (in addition to other things), which contains proper amounts of Strontium and Magnesium. Now, I'm not going to discount anything you all say here, because I am a rank amateur at best in this hobby. But one thing I have learned over the years is that a reproducable system that works will typically yeild nice results. And since they have done much of the groundwork to make up this system, I figured I would try it and see how I make out.

As for dosing, since I don't have a sump, what is the best way to go about dosing the tank. I obviously don't want large clouds of calcium for my fish to swim through, looking for a meal.
EvilTwin is offline   Reply With Quote