Frag Outpost Forums - Coral Propagation and Reef Aquarium Forums

Frag Outpost Forums - Coral Propagation and Reef Aquarium Forums (http://www.fragoutpost.com/forums/index.php)
-   New to Reefkeeping (http://www.fragoutpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New to reef keeping (http://www.fragoutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150)

Peterock 08-21-2005 08:20 PM

New to reef keeping

Hello everyone and welcome to the Frag OUtpost " New to Reefkeeping" trend here you will be able ask those Newbee Questions and get very good advise from the members and staff here.

The purpose of new to reefkeeping is to educate and inform all those people that choose to venture in the hobby of Reef tanks.

D12monkey 08-26-2005 02:03 PM

I agree with Peterock 100% so if you're new to reef keeping then feel free to ask questions. I've been in the saterwater hobby for 1 year now and I still consider myself a new to the hobby. :D

newfrags 04-19-2006 09:01 AM

Help Meee

i not know what need for frag eqeuiment:confused: . i want farm of frags and i want hobby are saltwater fish and coral! please help me thank you!!

Teeka01 04-19-2006 09:21 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Why don't you tell us what kind of frags you intend to keep. Different frags needs different systems. SPS needs high ligh and high flow rate. Softies are the easiest to keep. Lps falls in between. I am still new too but there are some really helpful guys here.

FragOutpost 04-19-2006 11:30 AM

Welcome newfrags!
What type of frags do you intend to start propagating?
Thanks teeka!

newfrags 04-19-2006 02:43 PM

help me

Acropora SPS Coral Propagation,

Mushroom and Ridordea Coral Propagation Method,Bridal Veil Method for Propagating Zoanthids or Mushrooms:confused:

FragOutpost 04-19-2006 02:50 PM

So you plan on keeping acroporas, mushrooms, ricordea, and zoanthids, right?
Tell us a little about your current tank setup. Are you asking about what kind of equipment you need to operate a frag tank or do you mean the equipment necessary to actually propagate the corals? Help us to understand a little more about your current setup and what your goals are. Do you already have some corals in your tank?
Thanks! :)

newfrags 04-19-2006 03:25 PM

help me

my goal are make business of frags! i use Macro Internal Protein Skimmer with CAP 2200 Pump,wet/dry filter,367 gallons. i can't find metal headlie for 367 gallons. :confused: :confused: :confused: you can help me find metal headlie for 367 gallons? thank you!!!!

D12monkey 04-25-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfrags
i can't find metal headlie for 367 gallons. :confused: :confused: :confused: you can help me find metal headlie for 367 gallons? thank you!!!!

What you want to use is one metal halide per 24 in x 24 in square of tank that you have. For maximum growth without care for the amount of energy you use then go with 400W bulbs. Other wise you could go with lower wattage bulbs. Who big is your tank size wise?